Private beta is now opened for Large Ships and Platforms. If you are interested in participation, send us your Large Ship or Platform export file by email and we will provide you a quote. Include your shipping address and desired 3D print size and send it to email@example.com. If your export file is larger than 25 megabytes (MB) then upload it to the Internet and provide us download link. We will accept only limited amount of export files during this private beta and it is first come first served.
Please read following information before you send us your file.
If your goal is to 3D print a space ship with a lot of surface details (e.g. landing dear, gatling gun etc.), use a Small Ships blocks. These blocks were redesigned by our 3D designers and are 3D printable. Learn more here.
Space Engineers game provides export in two different formats. The first format (.sbc) is a definition file and is used for printing Small Ships, second format (.obj, .png) is a standard 3D design file. Generally speaking these 3D design files are not 3D printable, they have to be “repaired” before we can print them on our Projet 4500 3D printer. Players are welcome to "repair" their files themselves and provide us ready to print files or we can repair these files for them for a fee.
Material: Full color plastic.
Price: Each 3D print is individually priced. Price will include fee for a file repair and a cost for material based on the volume of the ship. Current price is $2.00 per cm3.
|Estimated price||Real world size||Game size (the longest side of a ship)|
|$80-100||4 inch / 10.16 cm||100-200 large ship blocks|
|$100-150||5 inch / 12.7 cm||100-200 large ship blocks|
|$150-200||6 inch / 15.24 cm||100-200 large ship blocks|
$=USD (7% sales tax for FL residents)
Warning: If your ship design is bulky(e.g.it is built in more than one direction), it will require more material and cost will be higher. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Ships in: 20 business days.
Size(s) and territories: This service is available in USA, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Look and feel
Your space ship will have a rough, grainy feel. It will be relatively lightweight and slightly porous. It will display the whole color spectrum, but black will show up closer to a charcoal grey due CMY process. Since the most of the computer monitors are not calibrated, you may notice a small difference in colors. Surface textures may not be printed exactly as seen on the monitor. When your package is first opened, it may have a plastic smell, but this will fade over time.
- Recommended minimum length is 100 blocks and maximum is 200 blocks.
- Wheels and other moving blocks will print but will not move.
- No interior access.
- Do not use landing gear, antenna, turrets, grinder, welder, thrusters, and other blocks with small details since these will not print due massive scaling of your ship design (If these details are desired use Small Ship blocks).
- Limit usage of black color to small areas since it prints as an inconsistent dark grey.
- Watch these videos: Space Engineers - 3D Printing, Dusting Off Your Ship
Space Engineers - 3D Printing, From Game To Reality, First Look
How to export ship from Space Engineer game?
- Run Space Engineer game in a creative mode and look at a ship you want us to print for you.
- Click CTRL+ALT+E. (This shortcut will export a file and show its location and name, e.g. Large_Ship_1183_objFiles.zip. Use larger zip file with an.obj file)
How does my ship get printed?
Full color plastic ships are created by printing binder material and colored ink layer-by-layer onto a bed of plastic powder. After printing, the bed is heated, further strengthening the products inside. When this heat treatment is complete, products are removed from the print bed and cleaned to remove excess powder.
Automated and Manual checks
Your space ship is unique by design. So unique that we perform individual checks to ensure it can be 3D printed. After you send us, our quality engineers get to work. They individually analyze your space ship file and ensure we can successfully 3D print it. Our manual checks includes:
- Wall Thickness
- Wire Thickness
- Detailed parts will show up after printing
- All pieces are properly connected
- Amount and size of escape holes for support materials
- Size / volume of the ship
Please note that the 3D printed products are intended for decorative purposes. They are not suited to be given to underage children or to be used as toys. The products should not come into contact with electricity and be kept away from heat. Our materials are not food safe!